Pages

Aug 31, 2010

Tuesday's Tip

Photobucket

This doesn't follow my "typical" tip pattern, but that doesn't matter because I haven't had much of a pattern at all lately. ;-)

I've been reading the book, 5 Love Languages, along with my hubby, well..not really along with because he's totally done with it and has moved on to the Love Languages of Teenagers. It was recommended to us by some friends and even though we are still madly in love, the book is VERY interesting.

The tip that I'd like to share with you is this: LISTEN!

The average person listens for just a few seconds before they interrupt the person speaking. (I cannot remember if it was 7 or 9 sec, but mighty short either way.) What I realized when I was reading this is that I do that this way too often. I have this thought in my head and I want to share it. It's not that I feel like my thought is more important at all, but that is the message that is being sent. So, I'm committed to being a much better listener! How about you?


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm a major interrupter and noticed that my husband said something about that recently. So, I'm making a conscious effort to improve...boy, is it hard!

    Great book!

    ReplyDelete