Pages

Oct 1, 2010

Pumpkin Bars


Fall is in the air and I definitely get in the mood for all thing fall: sitting around a fire in the evening, caramel apples, hearing a marching band play,  and of course pumpkin.  I had  my first taste of pumpkin last week in the form of a pie with whipped cream (minus the crust of course) and ever since then I've been wanting more pumpkin !  I stumbled across this recipe and with some modifications, I've decided that it's a keeper.

I think the next time I make it I'll use peanut butter, bananas and add a few chocolate chips and I'm sure the hubby will love me!

Pumpkin Bars

1 cup of almond butter (or any nutbutter of your choice)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin (you can also use cooked squash, or ripe mashed bananas)
1/2 tsp cinnamon ( you may not want to add cinnamon and nutmeg if you use bananas)
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
1/3 cup honey or sweetener of your choice
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend.  Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan and top with chopped walnuts (optional).  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good!! I'll have to cook these up soon for my family. Yay!! something that's gluten-free and dairy-free!

    ReplyDelete