Pages

Apr 27, 2010

Tuesday's Tip

Photobucket

Hard boiled eggs can be less than desirable with a dry overcooked yolk, especially when the membrane around the yolk turns green. Do you all know what I'm talking about? If my camera wasn't ill at the moment I would show you, but I would imagine that many of you can picture it. (My camera has been fixed and I've updated this post!) My tip today is how to boil the "perfect" (in my opinion) hard boiled egg. Thanks to Uncle Bill P. for this "tip" he shared with Brent and me years ago.





#1 Fill your pot with water and set on stove to boil.

#2 While waiting for your water to boil, using a pushpin, make a hole in the more rounded end of the egg. Ok, I know they're both rounded silly, but one end is a little more pointed than the other and that is NOT the end you want to use!  Don't be afraid, I've yet to break an egg, but I've never tried to put a hole in the wrong end either.



#3 When you water has come to a rolling boil place your eggs in the water.

#4 Set a timer for 8 min.

#5 When timer goes off, rinse with cool water and enjoy the most delicious hard boiled egg ever.



***All eggs are not recreated equal -- stay tuned, that's another post!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for not being more clear! When you place your eggs in the boiling water you should boil them for 8 min.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of the pushpin trick, but never tried it. I wonder what it does? Good tutorial on egg boiling. That's a common question! I guess nobody likes them when they get a little green around the yolks.

    ReplyDelete