Pages

Mar 17, 2009

Backyard Memories

Ok, I have a confession to make: Today I was outside soaking up some of the sun's rays and I had a terrible case of remember when..........

I was reflecting on all the times we have spent with family and friends in our backyard. I only wished I had pictures of each time, but I don't. I think too many of those times I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut-off, and don't take enough time to take the picture to make the memory more vivid at a later date.

Want to take a stroll down my memory lane with with me?


Ashley right before a Christi and Joseph Cotten's wedding.


Blair.... she can look just like an angel, but it's clearly a deception. Oh, I already miss her being little and being able to smock dresses for her!!


One day the girls were playing with Maggie. As you notice, our hair wasn't done, but how priceless the pictures are! Look real close at Maggie's tongue.
Blair with Maggie

Another day when we were just goofy off.....


This evening was so much fun with Shannon, Cindy and the boys.


Really, I have to confess, these boys are really this sweet!




James and Holly came to stay with us one weekend and we had such a good time with them. It was beautiful Saturday morning, so we ate brunch outside. The kids kept eyeing the swimming pool and begging mom and dad to let them get in (it was only April). So, after much prodding they were allowed to get in. Uncle Brent had to build a fire in his outdoor fire pit so the boys could warm up, but they got to swim. Well, for a few minutes at least.

All the kiddos on the waterfall: Haylea, Ashley holding Isaiah, James, Blair, and Carl.

This flood just happen to decide to visit us 6 weeks before a wedding was to take place in our back yard.

Yep, this is our backyard.

It turns into a river once in a while.

Travis and Sarah

Jeff and Sarah, right before she walks down the isle.

The alter and some of the guests.

Isn't it beautiful? You cannot even tell by the pictures that it had rained during the night for the three nights prior, or that we woke up the morning of the wedding to it raining. OH, I cannot forget the fact that my father-in-law actually vacuumed water out of the yard.

You know when you look at a picture and get sad because you see how much your children have grown.... this is one of those! The azaleas are so beautiful in the spring, and the kids are pretty darn cute too!

Isabel, Blair, and Ashley


I have many pictures like this one. This is an annual event at our house and you have to love crawfish to be invited. We were so disappointed last year when we weren't able to host an event. If we could just talk Uncle Bill Pitts into coming back to cook with us. I have to tell you that he is a real hillbilly. One time he brought over galvanized trash cans to cook the crawfish in. Let's just say, it was a great idea, but didn't work.

So many good memories. Now I'm off to go work in the yard so that it'll look real pretty when when we have our next crawfish boil.

No comments:

Post a Comment